3 Reasons You Should Consider Cloud Storage
The days of storing your files and important information on your computer’s hard drive or an external hard drive are coming to an end. Many companies and individuals are making the switch to cloud based storage. There are many different subscription services that you can use. Some are completely free, while other charge a fee. Some give you access to a certain amount of space, while others give you unlimited storage. For example, if you have a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 service, you can use Microsoft OneDrive and store unlimited amounts of data for free.
What Is Cloud Storage?
Cloud storage is a system that allows user to store data on servers hosted by a third party and accessible over the internet. You will no longer need an external hard drive or an upgrade to your computer’s hard drive to allow for more space. “Cloud” is the term used by engineers as a network that they have access to.
There are a few reasons why you should switch to cloud storage systems.
- It’s inexpensive to use and easily accessible, all you need is an internet connection.
- Many people and companies have a need to share access their files on different platforms.
- Multi platform access. You can access your information through any electronic device, such as your tablet, smart phone, or computer.
- Many businesses need to share their information with others. Whether it’s with employees or clients, cloud storage allows different users to access the information, if you decide to make it accessible.
- It’s scalable, when you need more disk storage, it’s instantly available
Is It Safe?
Yes, cloud storage is safe, but you must treat it the same as all of your other important information that you put onto the internet.
- Make sure to use a strong password, mix it up with letter, numbers, and characters.
- Only share your information on a “need to know” basis.
- Never upload sensitive information for a company or a client in the cloud. ( personal or financial information ).
Should I Consider Cloud Storage?
If you want easy and convenient storage for your files and information, than yes. Also, if you can say that cloud storage will be beneficial to your company because of its easy way to share information, then yes you should use it. It’s can also be cost-effective. If you already have a subscription to Microsoft Office 365, you have free unlimited access to OneDrive. Lastly, because you can take your information with you anywhere, with your tablet or smartphone, cloud storage is perfect for business owners.
Do an inventory of your data, it’s location, who needs access, and how sensitive it is. Can your business take advantage of the abundance of inexpensive cloud storage?
About the Author
Web trailblazer. Award winning social media influencer. I demystify technology to help you attract a steady stream of qualified leads