Brand Decisions Worksheet
1. Identify your business vision and mission. branding decisions must remain true to your vision and mission in order to provide a consistent and comprehensive image to prospects and customers.
2. Identify colors that best represent the brand you want to portray. These colors embody the vision and mission of your business along with the message you wish to convey.
- Choose a brand name, business name, that is easy to remember, easy to spell, and can be registered as a domain name.
4. Have a solid understanding of who your target audience is and understand what their needs, interests, and goals are. Know how your branding efforts influence your unique target customer.
5 . Know what differentiates you from your competition. Know what value you bring to your prospects. Answer the following questions:
- How do you benefit your clients?
- Why do they like you?
- Why do they buy from you?
6. Create a logo, or hire someone to create a logo for you, that conveys your brand in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Your brand colors are used in the logo and the logo supports your vision and mission.
7. Develop a brand purpose – a statement that highlights what you provide the market, how your business is different, and what makes your business distinct.
8. Create a brand personality – a statement or list of characteristics that best describe your brand. Your brand personality embraces elements of your personality so that you can create a stronger connection with your audience. A stronger connection results in a stronger brand.
9. Create a brand promise – an emotional statement that connects prospects to your brand and your company. Your brand promise and message both evoke a positive emotion.
10. Create a list, and a plan for each medium, to consistently integrate your brand into various branding opportunities and marketing efforts. These include:
- Social media profiles
- Blog name
- Email signature
- Phone message
- Networking associations
Your brand is who you are, what you represent, and what makes you and your business unique and different from your competition. Spend time creating your business brand and working through this checklist to ensure a comprehensive and clear brand – a brand your prospects won’t be able to resist.[symple_skillbar title=”Sample Content” percentage=”100″ color=”#6adcfa”]